Cooking for one has its pros and cons. These tips will help you come out on top.
- Cook more than you need and freeze the rest. This will save you from slaving over a hot stove any longer than necessary. You could freeze the basics for sauces, stock or sofrito to mix with other ingredients at a later date.
- Plan your meals for the week ahead. When you go shopping for the ingredients, only buy the amount you’ll need: it’s a great way of minimising waste.
- Make the most of everything, just like our grandparents did. Use your leftovers to make croquettes, cannelloni, soups, pasties…
- Have plenty of tinned food to hand. It can be stored for years and can come to the rescue at any time.
- Don’t forget about fruit or nuts: they’re healthy, filling and work wonders in lots of recipes.