There are plenty of ways to create lighter pasta salads that make a great lunch with all the energy and flair of healthy carbs. Here are a few for starters:
- Add some mixed leaves: rocket, lamb’s lettuce, curly endive, lettuce… Cut down on the pasta and the calories and enjoy this eye-catching salad.
- Dress with a dash of extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. You don’t need anything else!
- Fancy something classy? Swap the classic fresh cheese for some thin shavings of Parmesan, or if you really want to push the boat out, some thinly sliced foie gras. OMG!
- Pick the garden vegetables with the least calories to go with it: cucumber, carrot, broccoli, rocket, spinach, chard… Delicious!
- Go for fruit! Strawberries, red berries, pear, apple… Who ever said fruit didn’t go with pasta?
- Throw in a handful of nuts: not only great for your heart but also filling and utterly irresistible in any salad.