Daunted by the thought of having to cook a family dinner? We tend to think that the best recipes are packed with fancy ingredients and take hours to prepare. But that doesn’t have to be the case: you can create delicious meals using whatever you’ve got to hand. Pasta recipes are always a winner. And they’re ready in a flash! The clock’s ticking… Here are five quick and easy ideas.
1. Spaghetti with pesto. Throw in some fresh mozzarella balls and halved cherry tomatoes and you’ll be in heaven.
2. Spaghetti with chicken and vegetables. Cut a chicken (or turkey) breast into pieces, cook and serve cold in a pasta salad with some radishes, peppers and beetroot. If you’re not a great fan of poultry, you can always use salmon chunks instead.
3. Fusilli with clams. Cook the clams with white wine and conjure up a sea breeze.
4. Farfalle with tofu, wild asparagus and cashew nuts. Delicious!
5. Fresh pasta salad: with penne, hard-boiled egg, tomato, black olives, feta cheese and a tasty vinaigrette with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Top off with a scattering of sesame seeds.