Preheat oven to 350 ºC. Grease a round cake pan with butter and flour.
Apple cider cake
- 3 cups cake flour (and a little more for the pan)
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 200 ml Borges apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml Borges extra light olive oil
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (plus a little more for the pan)
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Step by step
In a large bowl, mix the flour with the yeast, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
In another bowl, mix the brown sugar with the apple cider vinegar, EVOO, grated apple, vanilla, butter, and eggs. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Take the cake out of the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
Mix half spoon of the sugar with half spoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
Brush the cake with a little melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Let cool completely before serving.