The perfect Valentine’s Day recipe!
Chocolate mousse and strawberries
- For the mousse
- 100 g good-quality dark cooking chocolate
- 3 tbsp Borges Natura hazelnut drink
- 20 ml Borges extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- A handful of chopped walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts
- For the strawberry marinade
- 12 medium strawberries
- 2 tbsp Borges balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mint leaves
Step by step
Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut into thin slices and put in a bowl with the finely chopped mint, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour; for a really intense flavour, leave overnight.
Break the chocolate into the hazelnut drink and melt in the microwave or bain-marie. When it has completely melted, stir in the extra-virgin olive oil.
Mix the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl to make a smooth paste. Stir in the melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
Beat the eggs whites to stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate mixture.
Serve in glass bowls with a spoonful of strawberries on top. Top off with a sprinkling of chopped nuts.