RICE WITH VEGETABLES
- 1/4 cup Borges extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, cut in rings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 300gr long grain rice
- 375ml vegetable stock
- 200ml white wine
- 3 medium size tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 150gr mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium size courgettes, sliced
- 150gr broccoli, in bouquets
Step by step
In a heavy bottom, large pot, fry the onion for 10 minutes in olive oil over high heat until golden. Add the crushed garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute until they release their aromas.
Add the rice to the pot stirring at the same time. Pour in the vegetable stock, tomatoes and mushrooms and bring it to boil. Lower the heat to minimum and cover the pot with a lid. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Toss in the courgettes and broccoli, put the lid back and cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.