Throw it away? No way! There are lots of things you can do with leftover pasta.
Remember: to stop it sticking together, add a dash of olive oil before it gets cold and then keep in a sealed container in the fridge. If you’re too late, and it has already stuck together, boil it up again for just a minute, no longer, to free it up. Next steps:
- You can use spaghetti cut to the length of noodles to make soup or ramen.
- If you sprinkle some cheese on top and bake in the oven, you’ll have an impressive side dish for meat or fish.
- Put the leftover pasta in a bowl with egg yolk and flour, add some egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, stir and you’ll have a batter to make buñuelos to fry in small batches in plenty of olive oil.What an original way to make sure nothing goes to waste!
- It’s high time you made a pasta omelet, or classic Italian frittata, to which you can add whatever vegetables you might have in the fridge.
- Never heard of spaghetti pizza? You simply bake it like a regular pizza to firm up the spaghetti base. Well, rules are there to be broken…